MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
Sr. Quality Assurance
Our client is seeking the most creative and stubborn tester around to punch our software code in the gut, repeatedly, until it cries uncle.
The purpose of the QA Analyst is the assurance of top-quality functionality in our production software environment, ensuring the best possible experience for our stakeholders and Guests as they interact with our rapidly growing high-tech business. This role is assigned work of moderate to high complexity and with limited assistance from more senior team members.
- Gain crystal clear understanding of stakeholder requirements.
- Write, maintain, and ruthlessly execute detailed test cases, writing automation whenever possible.
- Document identified bugs and set proper priority, driving to proper resolution.
- Generally speaking, kick ass and take names … in a highly professional and collaborative way of course.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for multiple applications and/or business processes.
- Represent team in test reviews.
- Advise and mentor more junior team members.
- Interview new team member candidates. Weed out the weak and hire the best via mortal combat, or whatever mildly more appropriate means are available to you at the time.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in function
- Proven ability to thrive in a multi-team environment
- Advise and mentor more junior team member
- Interview new team member candidates
- Defect process / lifecycle, and knowledge of at least one defect tracking system, JIRA preferred
- SDLC and QA activities within the process
- Review system documentation to determine test approach and risk areas
- Perform Business Analysis role, specifically documenting requirements if needed
- Hold breath for extremely long periods without losing consciousness
- SQL scripting
- Black box, white box testing
- Meticulous documentation of Test Cases, Defects, and Test Results
- Knowledge of Test Management System(s)
- Selenium (or similar tools) to test APIs and web services
- Protecting people from their own terrible ideas/decisions
- Current Web UI standards
- Test Environment Maintenance
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of testing timelines and release dates
- Work independently providing detailed status on tasks completed
- Time management skills
- Driven and passionate about software quality assurance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Quality Assurance
40.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: