Sr. Project Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Primary Accountabilities NOTE:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for oversight and execution of multiple Continuous Improvement projects within our Financial Aid including general administration and project coordination.
The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents¿ immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Oversees the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of portfolio of projects; including reviews high-level deliverables, minimizes exposure and risk, manages scope and mitigates risk.
2. Manages the day to day operational and tactical aspects of large scale projects; includes but not limited to, oversight of the administration, stakeholder management, analysis, implementation tracking, and timely completion of a portfolio of projects.
3. Establish and achieve financial objectives by preparing a project budget, scheduling and approving expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
4. Create metrics to track progress of portfolio of projects and ensure all project(s) objectives have been met.
5. Identify resources needed for projects and assign individual responsibilities to team members.
6. Assists AVP with project management team resource allocation and timing of projects to meet departmental objectives Responsible for holding project members accountable for completion of tasks associated with each project.
7. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project teams including individuals that do not directly report to the Continuous Improvement team.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor Degree and 7 -10 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including oversight of all aspects of process development and execution. Greenbelt Required PMO Required. Management of others 3 or more years. Full understanding of project management methodologies. Flowchart/process mapping experience. Excellent written, communication and organizational skills. Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to manage others thru influence to meet project objectives and deliverables. Self-starter with the ability and persistence to execute project objectives and deliverables. Proven experience acting as a strong facilitator. Ability to ramp up Project Management team. Ability to analyze and solve problems of varying complexity. Ability to work independently. Ability to balance multiple priorities. Ability to design, run, and trouble shoot MS Excel reports. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Access; MS Visio; and MS Project. Server/SharePoint experience a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.