MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
Contract to Hire
Fort Worth, TX
This role will require working closely with business stakeholders to identify progressive web app opportunities, website performance capabilities, scope, design, implement, test, and launch new features. The candidate will be responsible for identifying net wide trends for performance, the core elements of design, development, and testing of deliverables. The person selected will work in a highly collaboratively team, extended teams within Information Technology, and with various stakeholders within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Propose modern site optimization techniques to improve speed and reliability for Store Systems.
- Provide a deep understanding of optimizing features of a large site toward modern Progressive Web App principals.
- Security-aware engineer with an ever-evolving understanding of site threats.
- Implementation of new user-facing features on a variety of web properties.
- Work in a value focused and highly collaborative agile development environment.
- Maintain a deep understanding of API integration, fault tolerance, and security best practices.
- Propose innovative techniques, tools, and ideas that consider the impact across multiple environments and technologies.
- Build solutions that take in full consideration of all activities required to accomplish the goal, regardless of technology.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product owners, and business stakeholders to design solutions that provide business value and ensure technical excellence in platform performance, autonomy, resilience, scalability, composability, and security.
Education & Experience
- Willingness to work with a highly collaborative, energetic team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or applied industry experience preferred
- 2-3 years leading a high performing large scale website
- 2-5 years professional experience in website and front-end development
- Familiarity with Retail Store Systems / POS, a plus.
- Working knowledge of version control like Git and use of task runners like Gulp or Grunt.
- Working knowledge of automated test suites like Selenium or CasperJS
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong experience in web development.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Software Development
95000.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: