SVB Financial Group is looking for a candidate with a strong focus on delivering high levels of infrastructure services to internal development teams. Directly aligning with dev/devops teams, the candidate’s strong background in infrastructure operations will help to design, implement, and maintain software build engineering processes, product testing and staging environments, on a global Linux/Windows based production infrastructure. Position is located in the Tempe, Arizona.
Experience with the end to end lifecycle of monitoring, configuration, and automation tools such as Satellite, Ansible, Puppet, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and the Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in a medium to large computing environment is a requirement. It is more important to be a master of the methodologies, protocols, and architecture (with the ability to implement) of deployment, monitoring, and alerting than the specific toolset. This position requires senior level System Administration skills to ensure infrastructure is deployed, maintained and configured quickly and efficiently while still adhering to our core infrastructure standards. As a dedicated agile team member, the incumbent will provide input and guidance to the development process to ensure monitoring and operational considerations are built-in to every feature to achieve a secure and stable platform.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help build a highly valued team within SVB IT and contribute to our ability to streamline our release management process, support multiple pre-prod and R&D environments and production systems across our organization. The IT Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be part of a team of SRE’s, driving operational excellence and focusing on delivering and managing our agile environments. He/She will leverage knowledge, experience and expertise across multiple technology stacks to automate, deploy and validate dynamic release management environment with the goal of continuous improvement and optimization. He/She will possess the ability to influence change within their department and others and identify, propose, and implement best practices. Working within a culturally and geographically diverse IT Infrastructure Platform Engineering Team the candidate will oversee the agile deployment, configuration and ongoing maintenance of our pre-production environments, production, software, and equipment in our datacenters. To improve efficiencies, scripting, automation, and real world experience expertise to solve complex problems is equally important.
Primary Responsibilities: (Example: Functions, deliverables, duties, and management responsibilities)
* Deployment, support and maintenance of development software stacks, overseeing build frameworks
* Manage and maintain enterprise infrastructure tools as the primary subject matter expert
* Deploy and manage virtualization infrastructure
* Respond to system issues related to the infrastructure and fulfill service requests
* Lead infrastructure deployments
* Assist in facilitating datacenter activities such as system upgrades and hardware provisioning.
* Provide support, and implementation of security policies, compliance, and best practices
Must have the following:
• Experience with VMWare virtualization technologies including vSphere, vCenter management suite.
• Experience in Cloud Technologies – Private, Public, Hybrid, IaaS+, PaaS, SaaS
• Expert level Experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower
• Advance knowledge of Virtualization best practices for Windows Os, Linux OS, Oracle DB and SQL DB.
• Familiar with SRM, vROps, VCAC and vCloud technologies.
• 4+ years in an agile Operations/DevOps environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (will consider technical training/job experience equivalents)
• 2+ years’ RedHat Linux Systems Administration
• Scripting languages for configuration and automation such as Python and Shell
• 2+ years Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
• 2+ years’ experience with VMWare ESX
• Knowledge of protocols: HTTP, SSL, SSH, JMS, JDBC, REST API, etc.
• Knowledge of SAN best practices for VMware, Windows and Linux operating system.
• Proficiency in operating system, software, and hardware installation / configuration
• Basic understanding of Networks (VLAN, sub netting, routing and switching)
• Being able to work cross platform, with Windows and Linux. This helps understand hybrid platform environment and thus help design considerations. Certification is preferable (RHCE or likewise)
• Experience in automation of key functions, including back-up, continuous integration, provisioning is a huge plus
• Continuous integration tools – experience with Perforce-Jenkins-Nolio and VMWare tools is a plus
• Willing to work under different technologies and take up new technology responsibilities outside the core skills
• Fluent English and high oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interact with various levels of professionals
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to act independently to drive IT goals and changes
• Advanced troubleshooting methodology
• Be able to judge priorities and adjust their work accordingly
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
• Good understanding of networking and storage technologies related to databases
• General server and network hardware components including rack mounted servers, blade systems, storage, and networking
Experience with these technologies a plus:
• XL Release, Chef Delivery or Plutora for orchestration
• SCOM for monitoring
• Familiarity with Java and Java Script
• Cisco UCS experience
• Cisco networking
• Hitachi and EMC storage
• Work experience in financial services
• Configuration management and automation using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible