MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
Senior Quality Assurance
Contract to Hire
Working under the supervision of the QA Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to Production. The ideal candidate has web applications, eCommerce, and ERP experience, as well as experience with industry standard QA tools for test case development, test execution, and defect management. The engineer is expected to work with a team and to work independently with equal proficiency. The associate will interact with his or her supervisor as needed, but many activities will require independent thought and decision making.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and understand requirements, devise a test strategy to adequately cover the requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases. Review test artifacts with QA and development team members and edit accordingly.
- Own the QA role throughout each project. This includes but is not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute tests (manual and automated), monitor testing progress, report status, log defects, track and test defect fixes, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery, be responsible for quality of product
- Participate in test automation. Write manual tests with a view to automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated tests, extend the automation infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to produce requirements that are well-documented and clear.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for the systems under test and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the test case library.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand our development lifecycle, participate in its continuous improvement.
- Communication – Able to communicate effectively and efficiently, verbally and in writing, in clear, concise and relevant terms.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships, contributing to team success.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successful completion of tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technically related field preferred
- At least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience required
QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of QA theory and methodology: 1. Can define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others) 2. Can define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others) 3. Ability to conduct exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements
- Experience in QA automation and writing automated test scripts
- Well versed in Microsoft SQL Server. Able to write queries, understand database architecture; can incorporate data validation and data mining into test activities
- Experience with ElasticSearch and SOA testing; proficiency using Postman. Competency with Kibana a plus
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable experience with Fiddler, Firebug, Yslow, and other web debugging proxies
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Works well under pressure to meet due dates
- Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
- Enthusiastic attitude, eager to continue growing and learning
- Strong sense of ownership, takes responsibility
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Quality Assurance
Job Order Number: