MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
Sr. Operations Research & Advanced analytics Specialist I
Fort Worth, TX
As a member of the Operations Research Group, you will be responsible for finding solutions to some of the many challenging problems facing the railroad.
- Develop decision support tools to help solve business problems
- Interfacing with internal customers to understand the business and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identifying solution techniques and implementing them independently, with external vendors, through academic alliances, or with BNSF Technology Services teams
- Interfacing with BNSF Technology Services personnel to understand existing data structures and IT processes
- Working with end-users to validate and enhance the tools
- Identifying and initiating new projects part of technology initiatives
- Communicating status and findings to senior management and key stakeholders
- Extracting and cleaning large volumes of data to derive insights that can be used for process improvements.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Ph.D is preferred but Masters degree with experience will be considered
- Practical experience applying quantitative techniques to solve real-world problems
- Strong programming skills in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java, C++, or VB.Net
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to identify underlying problems and appropriate techniques for solving them
- Ability to manipulate and extract information from very large, complex data sets
- Expertise in using commercial solver software, such as CPLEX, Gurobi, ProMod or ARENA or Frontline Solver
Our client offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Other Area(s)
Job Order Number: