MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
Online Merchandising Manager
Contract to Hire
The Online Merchandising Manager is responsible for driving the strategic direction and business results of the eCommerce channels (desktop and mobile websites and native apps) by ensuring an optimal merchandising strategy. These results are obtained by leading, project managing, and measuring the success of category enhancement initiatives that require participation from all cross-functional facets of the e-commerce site including: creating scenario rules for personalized content, internal ad banner optimization, internal search engine optimization, product positioning for upsells/cross-sells, analysis of data and user traffic flows, improvement to product meta-data (images, descriptions) and opportunities to improve site the UX/UI. The Online Merchandising Manager should be very comfortable analyzing data, including using Google Analytics.
- The Online Merchandising Manager is responsible for the overall execution of product merchandising,
- The Online Merchandising Manager will manage Online Merchants to drive the executional needs of the business.
- Participate in strategy development and evaluate and recommend category solutions.
- Drive the execution of the online strategy for assigned categories by leading cross-functional efforts around customer experience optimization. This includes analyzing sales funnel data to determine areas of focus and measure success via the sales equation - Revenue, Traffic, and Conversion - as well as other online metrics.
- Have knowledge of the ecommerce space including competitive strategies, marketing strategies, product development, consumer research, usability best practices and industry trends
- Engage in ongoing competitor analysis and patterning to ensure the company has the ‘Best in Class’ customer experience with the resources available.
- Optimize cross sells, up-sells, related items, Category Pages, Product Badges, Internal SEO Optimization.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback to drive performance improvement.
- Manages designated work stream to meet customer and business needs by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; overseeing work assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; assuming responsibility for decision making
- Keeps up with digital and eCommerce trends on how to best utilize.
- Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Management, Marketing or Communications.
- 3-5 years of experience in merchandising, online merchandising, ecommerce management or related field, combined with analytical training.
- Candidates must have experience with internet-based commerce systems and ecommerce best practices that measure basic internet measures.
- 2 years of experience aligning promotional plans, development of business initiatives and tools with sales goals required.
- Advanced experience with web analytic tools and eCommerce systems including Google Analytics.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Other Area(s)
45.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: