MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
IT Security Analyst
Contract to Hire
Fort Worth, TX
The Senior IT Security Analyst will develop and implement security standards, plans, procedures and guidelines for client IT. This includes reviewing the development, testing, and implementation of the security plan, hardware, and applications. Identifies and assesses IT security risk / exposure on new and existing applications and infrastructure. Investigates and assists in corrective actions for IT security incidents. Develops and maintains security policies, controls and their compliance. Analyze security incidents and the escalation of security events. Studies the proliferation of viruses, mal-ware, and prevents hacker intrusion. Conducts active internal / external vulnerability and penetration tests; discovers vulnerabilities in information systems. Work with team members and data custodians to develop and maintain IT security policies, standards and procedures!!!
Specific Job Description (to be provided by hiring manager)
- Identify Security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
- Provide technical support in the development, testing, and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and enterprise anti-virus and software/patch deployment tools.
- Develop strategies and plan for improving the effectiveness of our Identity and Access management solutions. Address the Security Architecture of the IT environment.
- Develop, implement, enforce, and communicate security policies and procedures for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Maintain documentation of all servers, applications, and network components at the data centers to include IP address, physical connections, physical and logical data flows and work flows.
- Monitor security events on a daily basis for suspicious activities and identify potential security threats and violations.
- Respond to activities deemed to be improper or in violation of IT Security policies
- Execute internal and external network attack and penetration tests and application penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments.
- Perform audits of user account provisioning for potential security threats and violations.
- Provide status and trending reports on a regular basis.
- Take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems.
- Perform highly complex product evaluations, recommend, and implement products and services for network security.
- Identify and oversee the installation, modification, or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affect security.
- Develop manuals and ensure system support personnel receive/maintain security awareness and training.
- Participate in the development, testing, and execution of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plans.
- Perform computer forensic investigations when required.
Span of Control
- Has no direct or indirect reports
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
- Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience; Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 10+ years related experience.
- CISSP Certification (Certified Information Systems Security Engineering Professional)
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure/Network Operations environments
- 10+ year of experience supporting Network Security Hardware/Software, to include Firewalls, Intrusion
Detection, Anti-Virus and Vulnerability Assessments
- 5+ years of experience in IT Security Policies and Procedures development and implementation
- Skilled in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent technical/non-technical communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to drive initiatives
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction from an IT perspective to ensure the overall security for all business units.
- IT Security Policies: 5 years
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Other Area(s)
115000.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: