MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
IT Program Manager
Fort Worth, TX
Sr. PM - client is looking for a Sr. PM who has experience managing multiple projects at once and is a strong verbal communicator. This person will report to me and help support our portfolio of projects with Operations Research so experience with OR or data science would be a plus.
This position is responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of IT projects. The Project Manager will proactively monitor and manage project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies. The position will partner with IT Governance to ensure compliance with project methodology and controls.
The Project Manager must understand project management processes and execution, as well as the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for waterfall, Agile, and hybrid approaches. A working knowledge for IT infrastructure, systems integration and vendor management is essential. Leverages expertise to understand impacts to projects, proactively manage risks, coordinate and quickly resolve issues, and provide leadership and guidance to project teams. This role is one that requires team leadership, business acumen, strong relationship management skills within IT and the Business and ability to address executive audiences.
The Project Manager should understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to manage project changes to facilitate risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and identify and recommend timing of project in-service moves and dates.
This role will be involved with maturing the project management methodology, polices, processes, tools and templates to contribute to successful delivery of the IT projects. A strong understanding of project governance in the context large scale project management, software development, and testing life cycles is a required. The Project Manager should embrace the client Leadership Model and actively demonstrate commitment to the model. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Leads, mentors, and manages project team.
- Ability to drive projects from both a tactical and strategic perspective.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with the various business units to report project health and status.
- A high level of independence to lead and influence others.
- Responsible for and expected to lead project teams in the Project Management areas of Schedule, Communications, Cost, Integration, Quality, Resource, Risk, Scope and Time management.
- Assists and supports organizational change management.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies.
- Ability to identify and resolve project issues effectively.
- Ensure that projects follow standard policy, procedures, and methodology.
- Responsible for leading large complex projects, or multiple medium size projects, that spans multiple systems and business areas.
- Works with other project managers to manage interdependencies.
- Project contingency planning through risk identification, prioritization and response planning.
- Oversee procurement process involved in projects including developing RFI/RFP, developing strategy and approach for scoring/evaluation, management of the procurement process, contract negotiation, and successful vendor relationship management and communication.
- Ensure project change management processes and procedures are followed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university
- Experience leading projects in one of more of the following areas.
- Transportation system and/or modernization projects with emphasis in Geographical Information Systems and/or data science.
- Business intelligence, mobile/web application, and collaboration tools implementations.
- Data design, data integration, database management, and corporate records management.
- Infrastructure implementations, systems integration, or other application development.
- 5+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects that involved business process change, organizational change, and multiple large scale technology components.
- Experience in business and solution development, project management, and project delivery.
- Strong understanding of the system development life cycle.
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
- Experience engaging and working with vendors/partners to effectively deliver projects.
- Experience developing complex, project plans to meet business objectives
- Experience developing and managing large project budgets
- Proven experience in project change management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Project
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
- PMP (Project Management Professional) ® Certification
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university (MBA, Information Systems or Computer Science)
- Transportation industry/railroad experience
- Knowledge of Operations Research, Data Science, Data Analytics and experience managing related projects
- Minimum of 2 years of direct people management experience
- Client maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- All positions require pre-employment background verification; this includes but is not limited to medical history, criminal history, social security id, and work employment history including military service.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!