MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
Infrastructure Project Manager
Dallas, TX (downtown)
Candidates must have experience in overseeing long-term (12+ month) LARGE Infrastructure initiatives. Interacting with an *international* team. Successful candidate will have a resume working for large corporations from an Infrastructure perspective (Cisco networks, Microsoft systems, IT security, datacenters, messaging, etc.).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, engineering, business administration or related discipline.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: 4 - 6 years related experience in project management, ideally implementing global infrastructure-related projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Project Management certification preferred.
- Other: In-depth knowledge of current IT technologies and state-of-the-art practices, particularly in program management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and related tasks concurrently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including influencing & aligning. Interaction with executive-level management to negotiate and to influence policy-making.
- Effective communication skills for large, multinational audiences.
- The purpose of this position is to lead and manage large, complex program or portfolio of related programs and/or projects.
- Characteristics of responsible projects/programs: Complexity: Large Risk: Large Duration: Long term: > 12 months
- Adhere to project management methodology
- Create and execute project plan and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities
- Minimize exposure and risk on project
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage project budget
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Participate in project review meetings
- Track and continuously improve project outcomes for assigned projects
- Lead the organization to define, design & develop, support and test the solution through the system development lifecycle.
- Lead the organization to manage the testing & validation of the application.
- Ensure solutions are transitioned smoothly through the production cut-over process.
- Lead training and / or ensure effective knowledge transfer to those responsible for training use of the new solutions such that adoption and value realization is optimized.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Project Management
68.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: