MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract position:
Fort Worth, TX
Our client is looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) contractor proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) development. The position will be responsible for architecting and maintaining the DB2 LUW database components for a set of real-time, safety critical applications. This includes defining, planning, implementing and supporting application databases. Candidate should possess extensive knowledge of all aspects of DB2 PureScale including developing efficient SQL, performance tuning and monitoring. Knowledge & experience with Hadoop database technologies is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and test efficient SQL code to interface applications with DB2 databases. This position will be Application Driven
- Perform physical Database Administration (DBA) tasks in DB2 PureScale platform.
- Assist in the designing of table structures and relationships.
- Create, debug and maintain stored procedures, Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) routines and purge routines.
- Design and build simple to complex database structures from data models.
- Provide rotating 24x7 on-call support as necessary.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve SQL and database production issues.
- Participate in design reviews as required to ensure database design meets application requirements.
- Perform database monitoring and provide solutions to performance issues.
- Provide automation to standard tasks. Able to develop scripts on UNIX-based platform as necessary.
- Review and enforce adherence to the BNSF Architecture, as well as database design and usage standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree from an accredited university.
- Four or more years of experience as a physical Database Administrator in DB2 on Linux-based operating systems.
- Four or more years of experience as a developer of SQL application code.
- Four or more years of experience in coding and/or debugging stored procedures.
- Two or more years of experience in database/application performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Two or more years of experience in database problem identification, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- One or more years of experience as a member of an application team utilizing Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux commands and scripting
- Candidate has excellent communication – ability to explain technical concepts and issues to management.
- Candidate is a team player. Shares knowledge. Coaches team members.
- Candidate is self-directing. Can accomplish tasks with minimal direction and can accept feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Ability to be resilient and deliver results under pressure situations.
- Functional experience in the development of sensor-based applications such as those found in Airline, Medical, or Oil/Gas industries would be desirable.
- One or more years of experience in the Hadoop database platform.
- Experience in working on complex application issues in a multi-tiered environment.
- Basic understanding of SAN technology.
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Other Area(s)
Job Order Number: