MDI Group is a premier IT workforce solutions provider with more than 25 years of expertise in finding “best fit” IT talent for mid-sized to Fortune 500 clients. We have established relationships with our clients and work directly with the hiring managers. Why MDI Group?...You can expect that we will learn what is most important to you in your job search and match that to the needs of our clients. We offer career coaching and resume services, skills certifications, interview preparation skills, health benefits and a 401K plan. We are currently interviewing for the following contract to hire position:
Business Analyst II
We are seeking a requirements and process documentation specialist with strong experience in Retail, Hospitality and/or Point of Sale (POS) experience.
The Business Analyst role will define technology and provide analysis of business problems and end-user needs. The focus of the role is to elicit and manage the real needs of internal partners and end users, with the Analyst serving as the conduit for requirements to our technical team. An Analyst is involved at some level throughout the entire project life cycle, from requirements baseline through verification of fulfillment.
This role is assigned work of moderate to high complexity and with limited assistance from more senior team members. There are several internal and external resources supporting this program of change, this will be the one person responsible for requirements and process documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain crystal clear understanding of stakeholder requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for POS related business processes.
- Elicit, validate, and document business requirements for technology changes.
- Responsible for the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality attributes.
- Communicate using pictures and words to gain buy-in and help our team create the best solutions.
- Evaluation of current systems and processes to determine required changes.
- Benchmark processes and best practices.
- Formulate and present recommendations, including relevant business processes, defining from scratch if necessary.
- Advise and mentor more junior team members or process newbies.
- Help establish and evolve standards and tools, improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency at large to delivery predictable quality.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & EDUCATION)
- 2.87 - 5.91 years’ experience writing business requirements or technical documents
- Proven ability to thrive in a multi-team environment
- Experience in game, hospitality, entertainment or restaurant industries
- Experience in small entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in Point of Sale systems
- Preferred: BA certification
- Advise and mentor more junior team members
- Test case construction and execution
- Requirements modeling and traceability
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Understanding of SDLC processes, both Agile & Waterfall
- Packaged software evaluation & implementation
- Project management lifecycle
- Protect people from their own terrible ideas/decisions
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Grammar, punctuation, and knowing when to split the appropriate infinitive
- Time management skills
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
See our new look and learn why more than 25 years of IT focus makes MDI Group different at www.mdigroup.com!
Role: Business Analysis
42.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: