Reporting to the Manager-Telecommunications, the Infrastructure Engineer III is responsible for the design and build of telecom hardware and software in a complex, multi-vendor, high volume, hybrid hosted and cloud environment.
This role will partner with other telecom leaders and vendors to design, develop, and implement telecom hardware and software solutions. The Engineer III should help define and drive consensus on solutions within the telephony environment, including the roadmap for future state. In all activity, this engineer will communicate and collaborate efficiently while managing competing priorities.
The Engineer III has a key role across Telecommunications to ensure we meet our business and IT goals for implementing technology-based services with a high quality customer experience. Our ability to deliver on the Telecom projects needed by our internal and external customers is a key driver of success in Telecom Services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for long-term roadmap of PBX architecture and call center technologies
- Coordinates the development and implementation of technologies/processes that make it easier for customers and vendors to do business with increased productivity and high customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with vendors and business partners in discerning business trends and their implications.
- Stays current with telephony industry technology and call center solutions
- Ability to deal with critical customer situations, such as escalations of system issues, in a professional and timely manner.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation of telecom servers and gateways including relationship diagrams of the overall telecom topology
- Monitors reports to ensure system performance is optimal at all times
- Identifies system performance issues and reports such issues to appropriate management and production support teams.
- Participates in department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and other communication vehicles.
- Report to managers on any issues, risks or key decisions that could significantly impact the business.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Typically has greater than 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years working with Avaya PBX and Call Center systems.
- Requires demonstrated ability to design and deliver IT projects on time and within budget.
- Requires proven experience with Avaya hardware and software implementations, including Communication Manager, CMS, Experience Portal, Messaging, and Session Manager.
- Requires strong experience with Call Recording systems, including Workforce Management, Quality Monitoring and Speech Analytics
- Requires proven experience with enhanced call center solutions including CTI applications and multi-channel contact platforms.
- Demonstrates strong judgment under pressure, and works well in a multi-tasking atmosphere.
- Effective customer relationship building skills, and uses creative solutions to exceed customer expectations
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategies to exceed operational expectations and further enhance the customer experience.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and ability to translate strategy into system and technology solutions.
- Demonstrated “hands on” experience working in large-scale environments and tweaking business processes to support growth and productivity
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates and management; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to establish solid relationships with vendors in support of initiatives; ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors against deliverables.
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of key technology standards around ITIL and service delivery
Role: Other Area(s)
100000.00 Per Hour
Job Order Number: